Qualifying for a medical marijuana card is easy with our help.
Age and Residency
You must primarily live in Missouri, and provide proof of residence with a state ID, utility bill or DMV registration. If the patient is a nonemancipated youth under the age of eighteen (18), the parent or legal guardian must provide written consent at time of visit.
The most common qualifying conditions our medical marijuana doctors see is chronic pain, and mental health disorders such as depression and anxiety. If you are currently taking medication to manage your pain, or have seen a doctor or chiropractor in the past because of it, you qualify for medical cannabis use. Other qualifying conditions include:
1. Mental disorders such as ADD/ADHD, Anxiety, Depression, and PTSD
3. Digestive disorders such as Crohn’s Disease, Gastroparesis, Diverticulitis and IBS
5. Human Immunodeficiency Virus or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome
8. Muscle Spasms, including those caused by Seizures, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s, or Tourette’s
9. Other chronic conditions, including Hepatitis C, Huntington’s Disease, Autism, Neuropathies, Sickle Cell Anemia, Agitation of Alzheimer’s Disease, Endometriosis, Cachexia and Wasting Syndrome.
Gather your current and past medical documents. These may include at least one of the following:
Records or notes from a doctor’s visit
Discharge summaries from a hospital visit
Referrals or notes from a chiropractor or other medical professional
Current prescription medication, or your prescription history printed from your local pharmacy
Proof of prior medical marijuana status in another state
At Missouri Cannabis Clinic, our health team will review your medical records, perform a medical marijuana evaluation, and approve qualifying patients for their medical marijuana cards! We will assemble and send in your application to the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS). You may also submit your application on your own using the online portal. After your application has been received by DHSS, you will receive your patient identification card within 30 days. Your identification card gives you the legal right to use and consume cannabis on private property, possess up to four ounces on your person (dried or equivalent), and gives you access to any Missouri state-licensed dispensary. You may apply for a cultivation card in order to grow your own medical marijuana as well.